Saturday 27 December 2008

Trials & Tribulations: Happy 2009

I just hope It"s a better year than 2008. Personally it"s been a horrible year. My oldest friend whom I"ve known for nearly 28 years died back in June so I"m going to pay a little tribute to him here:
I was actually ill in bed with a virus, when I got a phone call from his dad saying that he had a fall, banged his head on the pavement & later died in hospital from the injury he sustained. He"d hurt his head only a few weeks earlier. I immediately realised that he"d had a seizure. [he suffered from epilepsy] I just couldn"t take it in. Luckily, I was better by the time of the funeral & met all these people that I"d never seen before from his home town of Chesterfield. I could talk to them straightaway which shows human beings are brought together when they"ve suffered the same loss.
He was one of the most warm hearted people I"ve ever known so will be greatly missed by me and many other people, especially his mum, dad and his many relations from Chesterfield.

No comments: