Tuesday 19 February 2013

Trials & trids - went abroad part 3

Well It"s been a long time I"m afraid but been very busy since my last post. To cut a long story short, When I met my GF in philipines we got engaged while I was there in October 2010. A hot country alright because on landing at Manila it was raining and the temp was 25C 77F. Not that hot I thought but as soon a I walked into the open to wait for a taxi to the hotel, the heat hit me like a cloak. like a sauna amazingly humid. There was no wind & you could smell the city in the air. Anyway I got a minibus taxi which are the safest from the airport - although a bit dearer. I got to the hotel after a 20-30 min. journey stopping at a bank on the way. The driver would have prefered british pounds but I didn"t have much so paid about 1,500 pesos (about £22) expensive I thought but safer than normal taxis.
The hotel room was huge & if I remember was on the 10-12th floor. It was pretty high because the view was brilliant but the room was hot & dank until the room service man turned the air conditioning. I got there at about 10.30am but seemed like late afternoon with my body clock all wrong due to the time change.
I rang my GF & she said she"s on her way with her brother. She lived on the edge of the city but it took her nearly 2 hours to get to the hotel. - cont later

No comments: