Wednesday 27 January 2010

Trials & tribs.

Hooray! I can now get online without being cut off all the time. amazing. well done Talk Talk for taking over from Tiscali which was my old provider. As this is the first time I!ve posted this year I!ll use this opportunity to wish everyone a happy new year - if its still possible to have one in these economically strait jacketed times. A lot"s happened already this year such as the big freeze which was fun at first but annoying after a while as it was too cold & slippery to go out. Pavements turned in to lumpy sheets of ice so you couldn't walk safely without a stick. The birds (the feathered variety) didn't like it and the river forty foot froze up. There were also ice flows in the river Witham (see pictures) Was also my birthday earlier this month & even though it was snowing quite hard that day (the 8th) I went to the I.Q. and got lathered - during the day as well The landlord even bought me a pint. I went to a women friend"s 21st B/day at the I.Q. a week later and there was a fancy dress. Trouble was, I just went as myself as I only found out about the party the night before and I got chased down the stairs by the "Incredible Hulk" or maybe someone with green slime smeared all over them. Anyway, I didn't know them from Adam but Derek the landlord told them to leave me alone as he thinks people pick on me because of my handicap but I think it was just fun. Since then I haven't been out much because I caught a dreadful cough & cold - just hope its not swine flu.

No comments: