Monday 11 May 2009

trials & tribulations - Google Success Kit is A SCAM

A few months ago I was looking at these work at home business ideas a. I"m sure many of you will have received loads of e-mails with these offers to make money online. There is one in particular that I"ll be naming and shaming today and its called Google Success Kit. What happened is that they offered the kit on CD for just $1.or 67p. I thought yep! this seemed like a great deal. It also seemed to be from Google who are obviously among the best known brand names on the Internet.
Trouble was, I completely forgot about it. It was only months later when I checked my bank statements that I was debted not only for this amount but about 8 quid (give or take a few pence) every month. On top of this, I was charged for so called identity Security for nearly 7 quid a month and if this wasn"t enough I was also charged for so called Fraud protection for about 3.40p a month. All of this seemed to be triggered by the initial $1 purchase of the kit which I incidentally never received.
I also realised that its nothing to do with the real Google after googling the kit and found that people have complained about exactly the same thing happening to them. I"ve now reported it to the F.B.I via their website. I"M also writing to BBC watchdog.
I"ve also found the 3 separate websites responsible for these illegal transactions courtesy of one of these other people. These are listed below:

www.quickcashsupport.com
www.fraudprotectionhelpdesk.com
www.idthefthelpdesk.com

There are also phone numbers which are free but only to those in the US and some people have had their money back from there but what about people outside the US?
I"ve reported it to my bank and if any of you have any ideas please comment below.

Click Here to visit the FBI website to report this type of fraud if you have no joy with the above

No comments: