Friday 6 February 2009

Trials & tribulations - Updates of previous stories.

Wow! what a cold & snowy week it"s been. We"ve had snow Sun/Mon and now yesterday and today. Never lasts long though (apart from masses of compacted snow which refuses to budge) which is just as well because I need to take the dog out soon - after I"ve finished writing this in fact. It"s been the worst down the south-east of England with the London buses being cancelled for the first time in their history. Obviously, we haven"t had it that bad here.
Anyway, do you remember that in one of my earlier posts I said that I had a nasty fall? Well the solicitors rang back some weeks later to say it was only a 50-50 chance of winning the case so they weren"t pursuing it after all - yet another setback. There has been some good news though, When I traveled to Dudley in early Jan for my course, I remember being disappointed that I didn"t meet my friend who just happens to live there. Well I haven"t mentioned this before but I"d met this new friend online over 2 months earlier and after exchanging loads of emails, I told her that I was going to Dudley soon and could we meet sometime? She agreed, but to cut a long story short she didn"t reply in time to arrange it before I set off there. I assumed she was busy, what with her divorce going through etc. When I got home she still hadn"t replied, so I sent an email no reply. It wasn"t like her as she was always quick to reply. Anyway, I forgot about it and started to email someone else - and guess what! - I looked in my inbox last night and her name was at the top of the list. I checked to see if the inbox had gone to the next page, like it often did when my Internet Exp. was playing up - but it was new alright. I nervously opened it and it read "sorry I couldn"t reply in all that time because I had a virus on my computer. Speak to you soon" That"s amazing I had a virus on mine as well. Also, when she first contacted me she didn"t know that I was going to Dudley for my course. Two amazing coincidences - or just fate? I don"t know but there"s a good chance that we"ll meet next time I go down there.

No comments: